This framework from Education Scotland identifies key milestones in numeracy and maths, and could be useful in helping planning for progression. It is organised into a series of milestones for each area of learning, showing the knowledge children need to acquire before moving on to the next stage of learning.
The resource shows:
- the progression milestones in the numeracy organisers
- key milestones and building blocks in mathematics;
- exemplification of building blocks showing good practice;
- previous knowledge required from other organisers;
- and connections between the organisers.
This resource can also be accessed under the page: National Progression for Numeracy across Learning.