Watch this fascinating talk by Jo Boaler for insight into how our belief in ourselves and our own ability in maths can unlock huge potential for learning.
This has significant impact on the way we plan learning experiences for our children, and draws on compelling research showing:
- our mindset has a huge effect on how and what we learn
- mistakes can actually help our brains grow
- the value of using fingers in learning number
- the importance of representing problems and concepts visually
- self belief is a huge factor in achieving our potential
All core concepts of the The Highland Numeracy Strategy! Have a look at the Highland Numeracy Progression and all our available resources for ways to use concrete materials, diagnostic assessment and rich learning experiences to promote confidence, thinking and conceptual understanding for all our children in numeracy.