Over the last year we’ve been working to produce some online course materials so that people can access a wider range of professional development for free regardless of where they are and without needing to wait for a Development Officer to visit the school.
The first of these is being piloted at the moment but we need a few more people to test the materials. If you’d be interested, keep reading:
The first course is related to the diagnostic assessment materials and is in 2 parts (so far). Each part will take approximately 3 hours to work through but you can go at your own pace and it doesn’t need to be done all in one go. The exact length depends on the depth you go into.
What do you get out of it?
- Professional development
- Access to the most up to date materials for the diagnostic assessments
- Improved guidance around using them
- Improved guidance on how to link the assessments to one another and with the Highland Numeracy Progression as well as consideration of next steps
- A chance to offer feedback in terms of improving the materials.
Who we’re looking for?
Any teachers within Highland or the wider Northern Alliance can access this. Eventually the materials will be open to everyone.
We’re looking for people using the materials in a range of different ways, if you think any of the following might suit you then let me know:
- Face to face training with development officer (this is now full)
- Face to face training led by your school (a key teacher within the school will need to work through the materials first and then lead approximately four CAT sessions with staff using the materials (this is nearly full)
- A group of colleagues working through the materials collaboratively (some spaces left)
- Individuals working through the material on their own at their own pace (some spaces left)
Can’t commit that much time at the moment?
We’re also looking for people to do just one small section of the training (approximately 45 minutes for Part 1 and the same again for Part 2).
What else do I need to do?
- Those who are interested would ideally be in a position to complete both parts of the training before the October holidays.
- You would also need to complete an anonymous pre and post-training questionnaire.
- If you are interested, please send me an email on email@example.com